Japan Rail Pass
Shopping Cart Items: 0  |  Show Cart


In order to be able to convert your exchange order to an actual pass at a JR Travel Centre, you need to be one of the following:

1. Non-Japanese passport holder  visiting Japan  for tourism purposes.

To be eligible under this category, you need to have your passport stamped as a "Temporary Visitor" by an immigration officer.  You cannot obtain a Japan Rail Pass if you enter Japan on any other short term visa (Entertainer, Cultural Activities or any other status), so please ensure that your immigration status will be that of a tourist so that you can enjoy the benefit of a Japan Rail Pass.

2. Japanese Passport holders who are:

(a) Permanent Residents of another country outside of  Japanas determined by immigration authorities in that country.

(b) Married to a non-Japanese passport holder and live outside  Japan.

Acceptable proof of eligibility in these cases:

  • Proof of permanent residency - (a) only
  • Marriage Certificate - (b) only
  • Proof of residency outside  Japan - for (a) and (b)
  • Proof of residency of non-Japanese passport holder - (b) only

Eligibility information for Japanese people.  Eligibility information for Japanese people

Domain Managed by WebCentral